Celebrating World Ovarian Cancer Day at St James’s Hospital Dublin
On May 8th 2019, we were joined by healthcare professionals and patients, as well as many of our supporters of GyaneCancerCare at St James’s Hospital, to celebrate World Ovarian Cancer Day.
We would like to extend a very big thank you to the Emer Casey Foundation for presenting us with a cheque for €31,112 on World Ovarian Cancer Day. This donation will fund a part-time physiotherapy post on our GynaeCancerCare team here at St. James’s Hospital.
Many thanks also to all the speakers who provided such informative and varied talks and to our sponsors for their support.
Celebration of the contribution of the Emer Casey Foundation, the Crosby Family and all supporters of GynaeCancerCare & the HRB’s support of research in Gynaecological Malignancies
Screening, Prevention, Treatment and Research in Ovarian Cancer
A series of short talks by GynaeCancerCare SJH – Focusing on healthier outcomes after Cancer through Clinical Development & Research
- Introduction – Dr Noreen Gleeson, Gynaecological Oncologist, St James’s Hospital
- The Patient’s Journey –Vivian Golding, Gynaecology Patient, St James’s Hospital
- Surgery for Ovarian Cancer – Dr Yulia Shahabuddin, Gynaecologist, St James’s Hospital
- Assessing Nutrition Before Treatment – Dr Niamh O’Donoghue, Research Fellow, Trinity College
- Physiotherapy / Prehabilitation – Ms Claire Murtagh, Physiotherapist, St James’s hospital
- Occupational Therapy – Prof Deirdre Connolly, Occupational Therapist
- Preventing VTE – Blood Clots – Dr Lucy Norris, Senior Research Scientist, Trinity College
- Bone Health – Dr Catherine O’Gorman, Gynaecologist / Lecturer, Trinity College
- Bladder Pain Syndrome – Dr Alison Demaio, Gynaecologist
- Lymphoedema – Dr Noreen Gleeson, Gynaecological Oncologist, St James’s Hospital
- The Patient’s Journey – Triona Phelan, Gynaecology Patient, St James’s Hospital
- Genetic Testing: Increasing Access, Personalising Treatment and Preventing Cancer – Dr Terri McVeigh, Consultant Clinical Geneticist, The Royal Marsden, NHS Foundation Trust