1. Handling Feedback and Complaints
St James’s Hospital Foundation is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
St James’s Hospital Foundation welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
- We treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- We treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- We deal with it quickly and politely;
- We respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc.
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them with our Board.
If you have feedback including compliments, comments, complaints or concerns regarding St James’s Hospital, please email the Complaints Manager in the Patient Experience Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-410 3361.
If you have feedback including compliments, comments, complaints or concerns regarding the foundation, you can contact Fiachra O’Riordan, CEO, at St James’s Hospital Foundation in writing, by email email@example.com or by telephone on 01 – 410 3954.
In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our CEO. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
St James’s Hospital Foundation
St James’s Hospital
We are also open 5 days a week from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
If you contact us in person at our office or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. If we cannot resolve the matter immediately, we will aim to resolve the issue within 28 days and will be in written communication with you.
Similarly, if you make your complaint by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 28 days.
If for reasons out of our immediate control that we cannot resolve the issue within 28 days, we will write to you and explain why and provide a new reasonable deadline to resolve the matter.
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Chairman Prof Jim Meaney at St James’s Hospital.
Chairman will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.